Saturday, June 28, 2008

Diablo 3?

(Updated below)

I'm 43 years old. There are few things in life that I wait for with great anticipation anymore. Most of the kind of excitement one can feel waiting for something great to happen has been lost to me due to maturity and experience. My edges have been filed off, thank you very much.

Still, I'm heartened by the fact that I can still feel tension and excitement at the prospect of some silly little things. Right now, I'm hammering the refresh button every few minutes on a site covering Blizzard's 2008 Worldwide Invitational to see if they are going to announce Diablo 3 or some other game. I'm dying for it to be Diablo 3, but it could just as easily be an expansion to World of Warcraft, a follow-up to Starcraft, or the stand-alone Warcraft game.

The image that is making us insane.

Blizzard knows how to drive us mad. They've been posting an image which they've been progressively adding detail to each day. This is to give us something to analyze and speculate about.

Anyway, I'd love to be able to change the title of this post to Diablo 3! instead of Diablo 3? Time will soon tell.

(Updated: 7:58 PM)



I'm happy to say, it is "Diablo 3!" :-)

No comments: